Investing Effectively for Self-Managed Super Fund Return
This unit covers the knowledge and skills required to determine the responsibilities of controlling and managing a Self-Managed Super Fund, selection of a diversified portfolio and risk management in adverse market conditions
- SMSF Trustee Compliance Workshop – covers Trustee roles and responsibilities, contributions, investment restrictions, taxation aspects, preservation and condition of release, payment of benefits, paperwork requirements and retention of documents.
- Why a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund? – includes facts about the industry, advantages and perceived disadvantages of SMSF, benefits of self-control, what an SMSF can invest in
- Asset Groups – in this topic, we discuss the different assets that can be purchased in a fund and their risk profiles. From here we show you how to combine the assets comparing risk vs return. You will take part in an exercise of asset allocation, taking these aspects into account.
- Stock Selection – includes the two methods of stock selection and company performance analysis, top down and bottom up. You will see how the professionals rate the companies and choose their portfolios using key performance ratios. From this module and the interactive exercise, you should be able to start selecting stocks for your own portfolio.
- Value and Growth Stocks – you will learn how to differentiate these, different management techniques, and include a balance into your portfolio
- Risk Management and Hedging. In this session, we show you how to protect your portfolio in adverse market conditions, resulting in an overall more effective return but more importantly so that you can avoid losing your portfolio value in bear markets
- Technical Analysis – the different strategies employed in long-term investing
- Derivatives – We show you how to hedge your investment, as well as achieving a higher rate of return with the use of approved derivatives such as Options, CFDs and Instalment Warrants,
At the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and tools to construct a diverse portfolio, an investment strategy for your fund and have the ongoing strategies to maintain effective fund performance through different market environments
Learn to self-manage your superannuation fund
Smart Money Company offers flexible education options so you can learn from the comfort of your home or in relaxed, face-to-face classroom settings.
Our virtual classrooms and online workshops mean you can learn essential tools for your self-managed fund at the pace and times that suit you. Our Members Only website area store all in-class workshops for ultimate convenience.
Courses available in Melbourne, Sydney and across Australia
Smart Money Company is based in Brisbane, however, our industry professionals also service additional locations such as Melbourne, Sydney, Townsville, Mackay, Gold Coast and more.